InComPro work closely with key stakeholders to provide assistance to individuals to foster and support independent living at home.
As part of InComPro’s tenancy support program we believe the key criteria to the successful support of our clients includes:
- Client empowerment
- Local knowledge and trust within community settings
- Culturally diverse support workers
- Case management
- External support linkages
With a focus on culture and traditions, InComPro’s team of staff understands and supports clients with cultural and kinship responsibilities. We have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of family relationships and their importance to achieving success.
- Medication assistance
- Bowel care
- Continence management
- Domestic assistance
- Meal preparation
- Community support
- Cultural support
Tenancy support can also address a range of housing and non-housing client needs.
- Mental health conditions
- Drug and alcohol dependency problems
- Relationship breakdowns
- Domestic and family violence
- Poor knowledge of tenancy responsibilities
- Lack of coping and financial management skills
- Social isolation and location disadvantages
For more information on InComPro’s tenancy support, please contact us on 7324 5072.
The provision of culturally customised services, systems and solutions throughout the community, to achieve economic autonomy and cultural freedom by Indigenous Community Professionals.